Saturday, January 4, 2014

33 Spools no longer filled with thread

In January 2013 Diane Harris at Quiltmaker magazine challenged us to collect our empty spools to see how many we used over the year. In addition to these empty ones I have been using a couple of different large cones of Cansew cotton. I suspect they will empty out over the course of this year. I have always saved the spools. they make good pulleys for Science class and the variety of shapes and sizes make them good for a sorting activity for the primary classroom. Most years I attend the Science Teachers Association of Ontario annual conference and have a bag for my colleagues.
The boys have gone home after their week here and oh my it is quiet. Tonight as the snow swirls outside I think I will curl up with a book. Time for more sewing tomorrow. Piecefully, Joanne

1 comment: