Thursday, January 16, 2014

Testing for talented designers

Kristy at Quiet Play (here) is a talented young Australian designer. I have had the good fortune to test a few of her paper pieced blocks. She will be releasing a set of Aussie animals and another set of Woodland creatures in early February. All the blocks are currently out for tested. I asked for a Koala this time and must have been at the front of the line because that is the pattern I got.
After this little fellow was done I dug through the scrap pile to find an old panel with Koalas on it. I was able to find it and to make this wee little baby quilt using the block and the rearranged panel pieces. Piecefully, Joanne

4 comments:

  1. Love how this one turned out! And perfect fabric to make it into a cushion! Super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice experience to be a tester for such a talented artist. This piece turned out so cute. Your paper pieced koala and the ones printed on the fabric go together well. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love your cute koala! It looks great also with the panel pieces. I was lucky to get the fox for testing! Sunny wishes from GREECE! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect setting! I'm sure that will be a very lucky baby who receives it.

    ReplyDelete