Friday, November 21, 2014

Welcome to Blogathon visitors

What is a blog post without a picture. So I looked for one that reflected some of what I do. I make scrap quilts, I like to use up the last of the little pieces and then 98% of the quilts I make get donated to one cause or another. This little one was made of bonus triangles and was just the right size for the Salvation Army Toy Drive a couple of years ago.
We have had way too much snow this week and the Highway was basically closed from Tuesday to Thursday. I was very happy to see my hubby get back here late on Monday from a few days of babysitting with the grandsons.
The other thing I find myself doing more of lately is testing other designers patterns. This involves making up the pattern in a specific size, checking measurements, yardages, instructional diagrams and making suggestions for any improvements I could identify. It keeps my mind working and I suspect at my age that is a good thing.
Ontario is the last day on the Blogathon and I suspect most you you have found many new friends through this experience. Thank you to Sew Sisters in Toronto for organizing this yet again. I think this week has shown that we Canadians have a good thing going in the blogging department. Piecefully, Joanne

9 comments:

  1. I, too, love a good scrap quilt and yours is lovely. Thanks for sharing with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of using all your scraps and then donating. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the best thing about hops is finding new blogs and seeing the wonderful creative project the bloggers do. I just found yours, looked around and decided to follow. Love your quilt and your older posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt - love the rich colors and the pretty border. Enjoy the hop- it is fun to meet lots of Canadian quilters.
    Regards from Alberta,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joanne from snowy Alberta. We have received quite a lot of snow today but I don't think it's as much as you got. :) Your quilt is lovely. The colours are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings from Bismarck ND USA on the Canadian Blog hop enjoying seeing all the talent and reading about adventures of bloggers. Oh, my those are little triangles!! I'm not sure I could see them without my glasses!

    ReplyDelete