Monday, January 12, 2015

Smile on Me a tested quilt

This lovely quilt top is called Smile on Me. It was designed by Raija of Quilters Treasure Chest in Arkansas. I don't exactly recall how I ended up testing for her but when I saw the draft design photo I loved the geometry of the design. I actually went out and bought fabric to make this quilt. The pattern makes use of two Deb Tucker rulers, the Corner Beam Tool and the Square 2 Tool. But there are paper templates with the pattern so if you do not have those rulers you can still make the design. I used the paper templates because no one had even heard of the rulers around here and I was on a time crunch to get this done so did not want to go online to purchase them. I did go online to watch the YouTube videos of them and may purchase them in the future. I think Deb Tucker does an amazing job with her specialty rulers and the education that goes with them.
While testing the pattern Raija and I had a few social email exchanges. She is originally from Finland and I had visited there on two different occasions so we were both able to reminisce.
The pattern is now available as a digital download and will be available soon as a paper pattern. Visit Quilters Treasure Chest (here)to see this and Raija's other interesting designs. Piecefully, Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment