Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Blog Hop is on this week

This is one of my favourite blocks from the last round of testing. If I took better photos you would realize this flower looks much like a poppy. With this year being the 100th anniversary of the writing of In Flander's Field by John Macrae, and my sister having the roll of chair of the Guelph events to celebrate that occasion the block just resonated with me. I tested about 13 blocks for this issue. I have said many times it continues to amaze me how many talented designers are out there and the original designs they continue to come up with. Testing is well under way for Volume 13. So to date 1200 new blocks or variations on traditional blocks and new ones still arriving. To visit the blog hop drop around to Quiltmaker's blog (here) .
Piecefully, Joanne

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty poppy block.... And how fitting that it was created on the 100th anniversary of Flander's Field. Love your rendition and the fabrics you chose, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete