Tuesday, January 5, 2016

So nice to see a new year, welcome 2016

I am ready for something new and something fun. Lorna over at SewFreshQuilts (here) has tempted us with just the thing. I have no idea when it will happen but it looks like fun and colourful and happy. I could use all three. The past month has been overwhelming and I need to get myself sorted out and on the right track again. In December I read one of my book club's upcoming selections. It was titled They Left Us Everything by Plum Johnson. It is the memoir of a woman my age who ends up with the task of clearing out the family home so that it can be sold. That struck a cord. I have the beginnings of the mess she had to sort through. It needs to be dealt with NOW instead of by someone else after I am no longer able to do the task.
I have not counted UFO's or done any of the list making that seems to be popular with bloggers at this time of year. But I do have my quilt pinning table cleared off and ready to use. I have quilted two quilts since Christmas and have a third ready to quilt. One quilt is a test quilt so can't be shown at this time. The other is waiting to be washed and then I can do it's picture.
And of course there are so many new quilt alongs and BOM's starting. This is a lively hobby for me, job for others. Hopefully I will have more finishes than starts this year. Piecefully, Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment