Thursday, April 28, 2016

Some of my old skills are returning

This is the Go Board for alida's Play with Me Quilt Along. Each month she is releasing a new board and it is made using a different needlework skill. This month I had to brush up on my embroidery skills. They are slowly returning. I used a cross stitch, a back stitch, and a stem stitch. For rows that were duplicate stitches I varied the ply I used. The whole thing needs a good press but I can't get the walker into the ironing board so that task will have to wait.
Note that I am not posting any photos of my 38 staple knee or today's definitely yellow leg as the bruises come out.  Joining up with Alida's Linky party (here)where you can see some other boards. Some decided to use the fancy stitches on their sewing machines. Piecefully, Joanne

2 comments:

  1. Your board looks beautiful! Thanks for linking up on the blog and I wish you a quick recovery for your knee and leg!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you up and down but moving and sewing. I'm going to check out the Play with Me Quilt Along, I need to learn even simple stitches, maybe this is something for me too.
    Remember not too much too soon. You're going to get sick of hearing that from me, but somewhere along the line when you start to do something you shouldn't you will hear me. 8-)
    Hugs and Blessings
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete