Sunday, May 14, 2017

New day, new things to do

Yesterday was a tough one but looking on the bright side I did finish my Book so I can go to Book Club and discuss it. I started the day with an email that my best friend had suffered a stroke and finished it with an email that my 100 year old Aunt had passed.
On to quilty things. I taught a Scrap Quilt workshop for my guild on Wednesday afternoon. Not sure I like an afternoon workshop but they were trying it this year. The workshop was just getting underway at nap time. Over the course of this year I have shown a different quilt that uses the brick shape at each monthly meeting. So the workshop was yet another brick friendly quilt. I had a table set up with one of each sample so participants could review the year's collection. And in my handout I provided a link to the source and some places for further exploration. Apparently the concept was popular and next year they would like me to do the same thing but with 5" squares (charms or nickels).
Today is a day for tidying up some scraps and stitching some bindings in place. Piecefully, Joanne

Linking with Cynthia at Oh Scrap! (here)

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to read that you had received such bad news about your friend and your aunt. Quilting and quilty friends can always make us forget the world for while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did have a tough day! So very sorry. Hope today was a better one. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete